- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Prepares request or grants.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; speaking for the executive.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to staff; following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Ensures operation of drone equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Key Meeting Preparation/Facilitation
- Work closely with staff to remain apprised of/schedule upcoming Aeronautics Administrator commitments
- Confirm objectives for the meeting and recommend participants and best approach
- Develop backgrounders for Aeronautics Administrator on the meeting
- Help ensure participants are aware of and prepared for the meeting
- Attend meetings, capture major take-a ways, and work with executive team to ensure follow up
- Work with Aeronautics Administrator to ensure appropriate and timely communication to participants
- Monitor progress/achievement of next steps
- Develop and maintain an inventory of critical path projects in which the Aeronautics Administrator is especially interested and/or for which his awareness and involvement is essential
- Work with Executive staff to align their actions and communications in support of agreed upon goals. The Project Manger's role will be to work with all staff to ensure that the Aeronautics Administrator's needs are conveyed, that progress is being made in a timely way, and that any demands on Aeronautics Administrator's schedule are understood and agreed upon.
- Be prepared to apprise the Aeronautics Administrator of project status and variations from schedule or scope
Leadership of Special Projects
- Scope, plan and execute multiple, often quick-turnaround projects with minimal outside assistance
- Present ideas for special projects that might facilitate the Aeronautics Administrator's/leadership's objectives
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis
- Present findings to Aeronautics Administrator, Executive staff, or Board, as appropriate
- If necessary, oversee transfer of the project to other stakeholders within the organization
- Create inventory of upcoming communication events including articles, columns, speeches, panel discussions, etc.
- Work with Aeronautics Administrator to determine the role the Administrative Executive will play in outlining, drafting, and/or researching in support of each event.
- Perform agreed upon work including coordinating with others who might be involved;
- Communication must be clear, concise, and compelling and adhere to guidelines
- Prepare follow up correspondence for internal and external meetings, as directed by the Aeronautics Administrator.
- Conduct fact checking-in support of all communications.
- Present timely work-in-progress updates to the Aeronautics Administrator on the status of the communication materials mentioned above.
- Follow up with copies of communication materials
- Engage in root cause analysis often without prompting from the Aeronautics Administrator or others on issues and opportunities that could impact the Program executive agenda
- Confirm hypotheses through tactful and discrete engagement with the relevant parties
- Develop alternative approaches to addressing the problem or opportunity
- Succinctly update the Aeronautics Administrator on the issues, supported with facts and recommendations
- Engage in coalition building in support of mitigation approaches