Basic requirements and duties for all onsite contractors at the Department of Education, candidates must:
- Meet the criteria for eligibility to receive a Department security clearance and maintain confidentiality of all work processes.
- Demonstrate mastery of the components of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint) relevant for the work they are performing and Microsoft SharePoint for document management and collaboration.
- Have the ability to track correspondence and documents through multiple rounds of stakeholder review, consolidating, synthesizing, and prioritizing comments and edits as they are received.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both verbally and in writing, and be able to communicate using a variety of telecommunication relay services. Contractors are responsible for answering the telephone and dealing with Department employees, other programs and organizations, and all other customers shall be customer-service oriented, and shall be expected to speak clearly, easily understand the English language.
- Be familiar with and experienced in standards of accessible product development and alternate forms of communication and dissemination, as required by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act (as amended) (29 U.S.C. 794 d).
In addition to the basic requirements for all contractor personnel listed above, any employee performing work for this position shall have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Federal service or equivalent public or private sector managing and/or responding to FOIA/PA requests, and shall have demonstrated expertise in the use and application of all major FOIA exemptions and with processing complex FOIA requests.
Additionally, this individual shall:
- Be an expert in applying FOIA/PA Laws and the utilizing FOIAXpress and related technologies
- Have knowledge of webpage management, development, and updating content of existing web pages and preparing documents for posting to the web (experience posting agency FOIA Case Status Logs to the web is preferred)Be self-directed and accustomed to effectively and efficiently working at a high-performance level with minimal input from program leadership.