Windwalker Group has an immediate opening for a Instructional Designer IV. The position is located at the Foreign Service Institute . Windwalker offers competitive benefits package, 401k plan, and opportunity for growth.
1. Minimum 5 years of instructional design experience or 2 years instructional design experience plus MS/ MA (or higher) degree in related field; with proven ability in designing a wide variety of web-based multimedia training applications.
2. Proven expertise serving as instructional designer of eLearning courses or projects that demonstrate sound instructional principles, strategies and techniques and are SCORM and Section 508 compliant.
3. Ability to collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Expert (SME) to conduct needs/audience analysis, develop training objectives and course/product outline, design course/product content, and assessment items. This includes compiling and organizing information, and writing and editing instructional materials to adapt classroom-based courseware, reference documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive eLearning training.
4. Proven experience in writing, reviewing and editing storyboards. Highly skilled in detail-oriented documentation, with significant abilities in communicating with Government Project Manager, SMEs and programmers in tactful manner, as well as providing written feedback to Government Project Manager and clients.
5. Ability to conduct needs assessment and evaluation studies.
6. Significant experience with distributed learning applications, interface usability, 508, Section 508 accessibility, SCORM, learning management systems, and integration of streaming media into web-based training applications, including training interface with learning management system Learn.com.
7. Familiarity with industry standard and USG web development policies and standards preferred.
8. Significant, proven experience as a member of a team and a team leader; positive interpersonal skills and acustomer-service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.
9. MS/MA in relevant field preferred.
10.Expertise in blending learning design valued.
11.Experience in mobile instructional design valued.
12.Experience in gaming and/or simulations valued.
13.Experience with eLearning COTS products valued.
14.Experience with epublishing valued.
15.Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued.
16.Knowledge of foreign language learning applications valued.